I love John Tesh’s radio show called, “Intelligence for Your Life.” It’s gives awesome facts and helpful hints for everyday living. Well, a few days ago was one of his best topics yet…wait for it…
Coffee is Healthy!
Here are the points that John Tesh said on his broadcast (I have quoted him from his website):
- Coffee protects your heart. Nutrition expert Dr. Kerri-Ann Jennings says that coffee has more antioxidants per serving than blueberries, and all those antioxidants help reduce damaging inflammation in your arteries. In fact, studies show that coffee drinkers have lower rates of stroke than non-coffee drinkers.
- It cuts your diabetes risk. The antioxidants make your cells more sensitive to insulin, which helps regulate your blood sugar. So, drinking it lowers your risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
- Also, your liver loves coffee. It only takes two cups of coffee a day to cut your risk for developing liver cancer in half. Scientists think the antioxidants and the caffeine prevent liver inflammation and stop the growth of cancer cells.
- Another reason to sip a cup ‘o joe: It boosts your brain power. It cuts your risk of developing dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. Again, it’s the antioxidants that protect brain cells from damage, and helps boost cognitive function.
- The final reason to keep drinking coffee: It helps your headaches. Studies show that 200 milligrams of caffeine provides relief from all headaches, including migraines. That’s about two cups of coffee. Scientists aren’t sure exactly how that works, but they know that caffeine boosts the activity of brain cells, which causes the blood vessels to constrict. One theory is that this constriction helps relieve the pressure that causes the pain.
To get the most from your coffee, experts suggest drinking between two and five cups a day.
Thank you, John Tesh!
Coffee is good for us. Praise the Lord. Thank you, Jesus. Let’s put on another pot!