Click on the title below to see a preview on amazon.com
It was the perfect day. First swimming and paddle boating at a friend’s pond. Buying goldfish at Meijer. Making homemade aquariums out of Ball Jars. Eating pizza and watching a movie. The kids fell asleep that night with smiles on their faces. I was going to win The Mother of Summer Award.
Then morning came.
The kids awoke ready to care for their new pet goldfish. But something was strange. The little fishies weren’t swimming like they had last night. Instead they all were floating, sideways, at the top of each jar.
Merciful heavens. I had no idea that fish needed air bubbles blown into the jars in order to breath the oxygen in the water. Maybe should have done some research before the project began.
I think my award has been revoked.
It’s summer break, and we’re keeping it real. Here’s a picture overview of what we’ve done so far.
- Catching Frogs in Our Backyard
- Visiting Boulder Ridge Park
- Playing House With Our Guinea Pigs
- Crafts, Crafts, Crafts
- Watering the Garden and Playing in the Sprinkler
The summer is still young, and we have many more memories to log. What about you? What fun things are you doing this summer?
Dear Readers, I apologize for the few and far between posts this summer. It’s been crazy and a little chaotic. Therefore, I haven’t been real busy writing, but I have been busy making memories with my husband, my children, family, friends and of course…our dog, cats, and chickens too.
Here are a few photos of our crazy cool summer:
- We became honorary Dutch dancers at Dutch Village with my British friend (aka-my brother from another mother), Kyle, during his visit in June.
2. We used our imaginations and pretended to be secret agents, tigers in the circus, fairies with special powers, models in a runway show, etc.
3. Celebrated my son turning two-years-old on June 16th!
4. We picked blueberries with family who visited with us in July.
5. We school shopped for my daughter who is going into Kindergarten!
6. Doctored my daughter when she got stung by wasps four times around her elbow.
6. Velvet has been laying double-yokers. What a champ!
7. Took a family camping trip, and we all stayed in tents!